Friday, May 3, 2013

Foals - My Number

Howdy folks -

Gotta say, I am pumped to see Foals play this weekend at the 9:30 Club here in DC. Sold out show. Great band. Huge fan. Add in Cinco de Mayo and you have a recipe for hospitalization. But fear not friends, I'll be fine! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - I don't have much to add other than to say see you Monday!

The Round Up
Megan Walsh - '"I trusted 'em" - When NCAA Schools Abandon Their Injured Athletes' (The Atlantic)
I love college sports - hell, I love sports in general, but the way fans and schools have colluded to treat college athletes is shameful. They are de facto employees of a school, yet receive nothing in compensation outside of a scholarship while the school itself stands to rake in millions off of their service. This is a long article, but very informative. We need to start paying these people yesterday.
And now, here's Foals "My Number" - guaranteed to get your weekend started off right in body moving delight. And that includes Jennifer Davis! Love the lyrics as well.

You don’t have my number we don’t need each other now we don’t need the city the creed or the culture now cause I feel I feel alive I feel, I feel alive I feel that the streets are all pulling me down so people of the city I don’t need your counsel now and I don’t need your good advice cause you don’t have my lover’s touch You don’t have my number we don’t need each other now the creed or the culture we can move beyond it now now the wolf is knocking at my door bang-bangin’, ask for more stand here, stand tall we could move beyond these walls I don’t need your counsel I don’t need these city’s streets I don’t need that good advice cause we can move beyond it now You don’t have my number we don’t need each other now the creed or the culture you don’t have my lover’s touch I feel I feel alive do you even hear me? do you even know my name? let me see the ocean there i’ll hold you in my arms tight England can you hear me? and are you even listening now? You don’t have my number and we don’t need each other now You can’t steal my thunder You don’t have my lover’s touch You don’t have my number I don’t need your love now I don’t need the city streets the creed or the culture now

No comments:

Post a Comment